Wednesday, August 3, 2011

0 Macaron Memories

Sometimes you find treasures lurking on an old memory photo card. I found piles of Paris macarons from 2 years ago I'd completely forgotten about. It's been too long since we've looked at the not so basic Parisian macaron at PB. We've been focused on Maine lobsters, Bordeaux chateaux and this week Venetian gondolas (there are just a few left BTW till the sale ends tonight dear PBers). Two years ago I was obsessed with macarons colors...
I was madly trying to match pistachio macarons with paint - boy is that a watercolor challange! And so many shades of pistache. Who knew? I was just as obsessed with macaron boxes. Gerard Mulot is constantly redesigning his boxes - with a window, without etc. That was the trip I came home with 19 macarons boxes and got stopped at CDG customs. I was wearing my macaron T-shirt and matching bracelet. What? They thought I was a macaron terrorist?
Fauchon has different mac boxes mainly changing the cover designs. I always loved this one.


I would suggest you NOT buy a pre-packed box of macs. Gawd only knows when they were put in the box?
On the other hand these original style almond macarons are sold attached to parchment paper they were baked on. The few crumbs sticking to the paper still taste just fine.
If you can't have the real thing there is always endearing macaron detritus/stuff...


Does a tragic feeling come over you as you near the end of the last of your Parisian macarons? Proust was ahead of his time writing cookie homages. There's probably a thousand homages to macarons going up on the net at this very moment...


I have a very stale 5-month old box in the fridge surrounded by encrouching CSA veggies - not the correct company for a macaron no matter how past it's sell-by-date don't you think?


A flat of Mad MacNYC Bastille Day macs lurk in my freezer.
Nothing like a real taste of Paris.
What are your macaron memories?
Do tell all

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

breakfasts time Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates