Tuesday, August 23, 2011

0 Luke's Lobster

Lobster Shake, watercolor, 9" x 11"
I was painting this lobster when the earth shook at 1:59 or so.
I picked him up by accident on Saturday. You know how these things go. He was in good company. I could have chosen any of his friends nearby.
All so attractive. But no, I fell hard, as usual/comme habitude. Lobsters are a favorite of mine from way back. It was my ritual birthday dinner since I was 5, so what do you expect?
Last night I headed to Staples and more lobsters stopped me in my tracks. Direct from Maine no less.
I'd heard a lot of talk about Luke. His reputations preceeds him. This guy is famous for being fresh, but sometimes a girl has to take a chance anyway.
I studied his street creds carefully.
Whoa $16 bucks for a lobster sandwich? I'd bought a cooked lobster at Union Sq Market for half that.
This guy has to be something!
A girl came by with her boyfriend. I heard her say,
"I don't care. I'm getting one and you can't have any"
"Oh..OK?
I started having second thoughts...that good?
I decided to show some restraint and ordered only half lobster sandwich. This better be good I'm thinking. At least the little box can be reused to carry macarons.
PBers, I'm here to tell you this is the BEST lobster roll I've ever eaten. Certainly far better than that precooked lobbie I ate Saturday. Who knew? This guy, Luke does it right! I'll be back for more. Big FRESH chunks of lobster straight from Maine. No mayo in sight. Just a tiny, drizzle of butter on a nicely toasted bun. Heavens PBers, I'm telling you. If this guy went to Paris, he'd make out like a bandit and I'd be 1st in line. Well worth every penny.
Luke's Lobster can be found in Union Square several days a week in front of Staples. If you live out of town high tail it over here right now, even if we do have the occasional earthquake or so.
BONJOUR LUKE'S LOBSTER!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

breakfasts time Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates