Monday, August 29, 2011

0 French Cafe Glasses

Originally I was going to paint just one cafe glass...

OK this one - a very typically Frenchie glass from the Brick cafe...



But then I felt ambitious. I'm addicted to cafe glasses...



Anyone else out there love French cafe glass with a passion?



Confess PBers. And please do not complain about the bill for the Orangina. You're paying for ambience at cafe Le Select. And the little printed doily thing..grumble...grumble



Am I alone, compulsively taking of photos of cafe glass where ayre I go...



The French adore their glass. They still make most of the wonderful utilitarian glass themselves thanks Gawd, like Duralex from Picardie or La Rochere. Luiminarc is another pas cher FAB French glass I love. I chased all over looking for a little Luminarc glass pitcher I thought I saw at Angelina and found it at Sur La Table in New York - an insane way to spend your time in Paris no?

There is something inherently elegant to utilitarian French glassware - a plain carafe and water glass at Jean-Paul Hevin Bar Chocolat. If this guy doesn't have superb taste no one does...



At La Bovida, Jill of Mad About Macarons spotted these mini verrines with a matching bent spoon. Mignon non?



Old fashioned waterglasses in brocante Portobello in the 6th make a lovely still life just waiting to be painted...



Very plain glassed filled with Guy Martin's very fancy baba au rhum + marscapone + chestnuts...



French girl, being French does not have your standard utilitarian glassware that I drool over constantly. We were eating blinis, smoked salmon, hummus, Greek olives and radishes FYI...



In our hand-painted Spanish glasses we're drinking 'San Pe' or San Pellegrino. I do the dishes when I stay, so I live in dire fear of breaking one of her fragil little glasses.


"Hello French Girl, why couldn't you have those darling unbreakable cafe glasses I love so much much?"


BONJOUR FRENCH CAFE GLASSES!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

breakfasts time Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates