Wednesday, August 17, 2011

0 à la coque

Last night I ate steamed clams again, but I was not thinking about coques or shells of a certain unnamed cookie...

I wonder where the French came up with the word 'palaurde' for clam - it doesn't sound right does it? Who would wanna say, "Happy as a palourde?"



Do you love browsing the fish monger even if you have no way to cook them?



Wouldn't it be nice if you could get scallops on the half shell here...



Coquille St. Jacques at Maison Stohrer looks heavenly doesn't it?



Stuffed crabs anyone? me me me!



I should have married a seashell seller - I love coquillages-crustaces too much. Have you ever had a plateau in Paris?



Lunch with Peter's Paris at Brasserie Flo - this time he got the crustaces...



At Rose Bakery I did not get oeufs a la coque - nothing to do with seashells and everything to do with egg shells...



Ha! I got a healthy salad :)



what do the French call this - a 'shell' or a coque like we do?



Jamie Cat Callen said everyone must have a 'shell' pink boa. OK so her's was bleu...



Shell pink pigs!









Enfin shell pink twirly shells or macaron coques. No way am I attempting these!

BONJOUR A LA COQUE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

breakfasts time Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates