Sunday, November 16, 2008

0 MEETING IVY OF "KOPIASTE"

~ Ivy and yours truely ~
What a surprise I had when I opened my e-mail box on Thursday the 6th of November and discovered a message from Ivy of "Kopiaste...To Greek Hospitality" from Greece telling me that she had finally decided to visit Switzerland with her husband...

~ Kourabiedes Cookies ~
As their son works in Geneva at the CERN and lives in neighboring France (see her post 1 & Post 2), Ivy wanted to know if I'd be willing to meet her somewhere in town in order to have a chat over a cup of coffee. How exciting! As you can imagine, it didn't take me long to accept her invitation!

~ Saganotyri Cheese & Spartan Country Sausages ~
So, on Tuesday of the following week, we (Ivy, her friendly husband and I/see her post here) spent the whole afternoon talking about this and that (mainly about food, food, food and again food, as you can imagine!), had coffee and a delicious cake, and went shopping in food stores.

~ Quince Gliko, Cookie Box & Kourabiedes ~
On top of that, they spoilt me with wonderfully scrumptious Greek food gifts such as homemade "Quince Gliko (Spoon Sweets)", "Mastic Gum", "Spartan Country Sausages", "Saganotyri Cheese (similar to Halloumi Cheese)" and "Almond Cookies (Kourabiedes)". Wow!

Thanks for everything, Ivy!
You are so sweet!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

breakfasts time Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates