Wednesday, July 21, 2010

0 LOVELY GENEVA COUNTRYSIDE - SIERNE

Sierne 3 bis

Sierne 4.1 bis

Sierne 7.1 bis
Last week I talked about my walk by the Arve riverside. In this post you'll be able to see the pictures of the second part of my little trip...

Well, after having crossed the French border and enjoyed the wonderful scenery there (Arve river & Étrembière pond) we continued hiking in the direction of the quaint hamlet of Sierne with it's historic farmsteads (some dating back to Medieval times) and vineyards.

Sierne 6.2 bis

Sierne 5.1 bis

Veyrier 5 bis
It is a magical place chock-a-block-full with atmosphere and interesting details. No wonder that it is considered to be one of the most beautiful hamlets in the canton of Geneva. A paradize for fans of old buildings and for photography freaks!

Then, after having gone through Sierne we headed toward the Route de Veyrier where there is a lovely farmhouse which I never forget to admire. A ravishing home that brings you back in time. My favorite place in Geneva.

I hope that you'll feel the magic of that part of the Geneva countryside and that my photos will make you dream.

Sierne 8 bis

Veyrier 3.1 bis

Veyrier 4.1 bis

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

breakfasts time Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates