Wednesday, April 14, 2010

0 MONTREUX LAKESIDE

Two weeks ago, my good friend Corinne and I spent the day together. We went to Montreux, took a walk on the lakeside and then we drove all the way to IKEA in Aubonne in order to have lunch and do some shopping...

On that Thursday before Good Friday, spring had just sprung. Flowers were starting to bloom and leaves were still enclosed in their buds. This day started on a grey note, but as soon as we reached the promenade in Montreux, the clouds started to disappear and the sun came out of it's hiding place. The air was still very crisp, yet they rays of the sun warmed us a little.

As you can imagine, being the mad snapper that I am, I carried my camera with me a took a few pictures of the beautiful scenery that unfolded in front of our eyes.


- Freddie Mercury statue -

After having walked for a good 40-50 minutes we decided that it was about time for us to have lunch as our stomachs were starting to growl. Some 15-20 minutes later we arrived at a chock-a-block full IKEA. The place was crammed with busy people, howling kids and strollers.


Like many of us, I really love IKEA's scrumptious Swedish Meatballs with French fries and lingonberry jam, so I had a small portion and goobled my dish greedily and with shining eyes. Boy, those small portions are far from being small and they are dirt cheap (my plate cost only 5 CHF instead of 7.50 CHF). I mean, I'm a big eater, but never have I ever felt empty after having eaten such a plating. On the contrary!

Once we had ingested our meal we went straight through the first level of the store and headed directly to the kitchen section. I love that area! It is impossible not to find something you'd like to take home. This time I was very good girl. I only bought two different items (a batch of four colored plastic starter bowls and four handleless coffee cups). Then, we drove back home.

To be continued...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

breakfasts time Copyright © 2011 - |- Template created by O Pregador - |- Powered by Blogger Templates